The galician atlantic coast starts at just 18 miles far from Santiago, and the Finisterre Tour leads you through the sometimes rocky, sometimes sandy shores. As soon as we watch the sea we enter in another atmosphere…The one of fishermen’s Bateas – wood platforms at sea producing mussels – the one of medieval churches and traditional buildings including Hórreos – the unique galician granaries – and Cruceiros – high holy crosses made in granit for 400 years.
The Tour may be made by the coast or by inland. The first one – on an 8 hours basis- will give us the chance from 9 to 5 PM aprox. To enjoy the villages like Muros, the sights, the beach like Ancoradoiro, the stunning waterfall from Ezaro…until we wil reach Finisterre village and its lighthouse. Extra and on demand is the visit of the off the road celtic village relics in Baroña.
The inland experience on a 5 hours basis will take us straight to Finisterre lighthouse, passing by the Pontemaceira medieval bridge and to atlantic coastal village Muxia – holy place where St.Mary appered to St.James. Please contact me for this option to firstname.lastname@example.org
|DEPARTURE/RETURN||From your hotel (Santiago de Compostela area)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||As agreed (between 9:00 AM and 12:00 AM)|
- After leaving Santiago we will stop in coastal picturesque village Muros
- next stop at Ancoradoiro atlantic beach
- Ezaro waterfalls and driving to Finisterre lighthouse
- Freetime for lunch
- Back to Santiago around 3.30 PM
- After leaving Santiago, we will pass and make a short photostop by the medieval Pontemaceira bridge (part of the Camino to Finisterre)
- We will be taken to the Finisterre lighthouse and from then to Muxia atlantic coastal village and Sanctuary by the ocean.